Sunday, August 17, 2008

Family Reunions...... What a blast!

Walker reunions are my favorite! They are still the same as when I was a kid, except we as the adults had to do all the work. We even had to teach our children how to start the water fights. Then the young men had to arm wrestle the old men and see if they were able to yet be called a BIG man. It was a sad day to see my dad the strongest man in the world be beaten by the boys.
Off to the SS hill in Kamas. I had never hiked it before but I guess it used to be a tradition to race up the hill. Gone are the days when I could run straight up a mountain. But I made it and I
am proud to say that I was not the last either.















This is Brexton a the SS hill with his 2nd annual broken arm. That makes 6. Here is a shot of Great Grandma Walkers house.

After the hike was various games with cousins, great food and the GREAT WATER FIGHT. I didn't get any pictures I was to busy getting soaked to even think about getting out my camera. The cousin all wanted to get my dad, but we were reminded by him that he is the one that fixes everything on our houses. We didn't mess with him but we did recruit the boys to go and drag him in to the pool.

That night we were given tickets to the Crash derby!!!!! Thanks to Aunt Cindy and Aunt Dianne who were able to score the sold out tickets. We had a blast and still enjoyed ourselves despite the rain and mud in our faces. The boys thought it was awesome to see cars crashing into each other and the awesome paint jobs on the cars. When it got dark they passed out the glowing necklaces. I had a blast if you couldn't tell!!!!!!!!
All in all it was a great day and I was glad that my boys were able to make fun memories like the ones that I grew up with.

2 comments:

Laurie P. said...

I was sad to miss the waterfight, but glad that I could finally make it with Brandon in tow.

Laurie P. said...

lalalala

The Crazy life of the Wilkerson Family

Getting to know us