Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Welcome RJ McCoy Wilkerson


Have I lost all bladder control? Was my question Monday the 16th? I kept dribbling and wetting my pant. I couldn't stop it! Finally I decided to go the the hospital and get checked. It wasn't in my plans for the day at all! I had a showing of my house scheduled that evening and I was watching my best friends little girls for her and we were about to eat a yummy dinner that I had prepared myself! (I haven't been cooking lately.)


Well I had Quin drop me off at the hospital and he took the rest of the kids to the park to wait for me. I was expecting it to be a false alarm and they would just send me home. Wrong!!! I waddled in with my legs held tightly together as fast as I could. I asked embarrassingly if they could check to see if my water had broke. You know how they act, thinking I am just another excited mother to be.... Off they show me to the exam room. The nurse at the nurse station yelled "you better just admit her. Her water is running down her legs!" I was shocked! I asked if I could go home and get some things (eat, I knew they were going to starve me in there). Nope now that my water had broke I was shackled up to monitor and IV lines. Well I tried to get my own contractions going by walking the halls. A little hard to do when I'm all hooked up and water keeps running down my legs! I wondered if it would ever stop, I must have been carrying the ocean in there. This all started around 6pm. Finally I gave up and had a C-Section. (They wouldn't give me Pitocion because I had already had two previous C-Sections.)

At 3am I had RJ McCoy almost three week early! Six pounds 2 ounces, 17 1/2 inches long. It was exciting since non of my other boys came out on time. I was totally unprepared. I hadn't gotten anything out of storage and washed and set up. Thanks to my amazing husband I came home to everything being ready for us.


Notice that I don't have that many pictures? That seems to happen with each baby that you have. But take notice of McCoy's blond hair and I think will be blue eyes. Finally Quin has a child that looks like him. I think that his temperament might be like Quins, calm and patient.

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congrats! He is adorable!

tamiz said...

YAY~ He's so cute. Every pregnant womand would LOVE to go into labor 3 weeks early. GOOD JOB!

Johnna Jayne said...

How fun for Quinn to have a look alike now. Glad you are all doing great!

Tawnie said...

Congrats! Thanks for the details. I was going to call and get them. I am so happy for you guys.

Marshall Fam said...

he is so cute already a photogenic little baby! fun fun!

Robyn said...

So cute!! He has a totally different look than your others!! Congrats, and I love the name!!

Neb said...

Welcome little RJ so glad he made it here! CONGRATS on the beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

I surely did not get enough holding and snuggle time last weekend. Guess I will have to come down there. He is awesome. Love him and you.
Laurie

The Crazy life of the Wilkerson Family

Getting to know us