Jensen and my niece Mistee "pretended to take a bath." They turned on the water and left. Quin and I were in the kitchen cooking dinner with the radio on so we didn't hear the water running for about a half hour I'm guessing. The water ran out the bathroom and went down the walls into the basement. It found its way out through the downstairs laundry room, the bathroom ceiling vent, the bathroom walls, our bedroom ceiling and the basement cold air return.
Thanks to my sister Jenny who brought her vacuum to suck up some of the water and my Carpet cleaning guy Kelly's Deep Clean (he's the best). Kelly pulled up our carpet and threw away the pad and let us use his big fans.
Jensen cried forever in his room until he was able to tell the truth, and Mistee fell asleep while standing in the corner.
It has inspired us to do those last projects to help make the house look better to sell. We will need to replace the linoleum squares in the down stairs bathroom because they lifted from the water running under them. And we will repaint our bedroom ceiling that has water damage. I hate painting ceilings. They are so messy, the paint seems to splatter every where so you end up having to repaint the walls. Any suggestions to reduce the splatter and make the whole process a little easier? And any suggestions to make my children not do dumb stuff?


Our basement floor and our bedroom ceiling dripping water.

2 comments:
Wow, you really do have pretty hard wood flooring under there. Rip that carpet up woman!!! Um I want to say something about the 2 adults that were home supervising the children, but since this is a public arena, I will hold my tounge :)
Holy Crap.
Post a Comment