Wednesday, August 31, 2011

River Run?????

I decided the Boys need to experience some of the things that I did as a child.  So I booked a trip to Moab and took the boys on their first river trip.  We went with a Commercial outfit on the Colorado, the Fish Towers day run.  We had a blast and I couldn't help but think of my Dad often that day.  Now the boys ask if we can "river raft"

down every river that they see.  They think that they are professional River Guides now and know everything there is to know about rivers (like Eddies and currents and all the other river jargon that they heard on the River.)
We stayed a couple of days in Moab and went to the Arches and did a lot of hiking.  We had a  blast and were so thankful to family that took the two younger boys so we didn't have to worry about them.   We chose to stay in a Cowboy cabin rather than a tent and I am so thankful that we did. (A/C what would we have done without you?)  This at Delicate Arch.

This is Jensen being a mountain goat.  Let me back up the image a bit so that you can see how far up he really is.  I even heard another Mother calling him to come down (she was way worried about how high he had gotten.  Should I have been????)  It was funny to hear her husband scold her to mind her own business that he wasn't her child.  I just had to laugh, then I hiked up to him.  Ok not really, I couldn't get that high.

1 comment:

Julia said...

This looks like such a great trip with your boys. So proud of you for getting them on the river. Sounds like they had a great time. I've gotta get my kids to Moab. I'll have to get more details on what all you did.

The Crazy life of the Wilkerson Family

Getting to know us