I thought that you don't need to baby proof your house for four year olds? Today, while finishing up getting ready for church (ours starts at 2:00). Jensen went to the bathroom. He never came out... Then the water ran for a long time. I went in to hurry him up, opening the door I stared, then turned and walked away. I went to Quin and requested that he KILL HIM!!!!!!
Does anyone know how to get Gentian Violet off of skin, good hand towels,white wall paper, baseboards, tile grout and church clothes? I DO! We undressed him and Quin sent him to bed for a nap. (he thought it would be safer for Jensen if he did it and not me.) I was able to get most of it off. I am now calmly typing with my purple hands and knees that match Jensen's. While Quin is enjoying a quiet Sacrament meeting. Free of children. All children are napping and I am getting ready to teach Primary today. If that was only the end of my funny story's. Thursday after noon while I was working Jensen poisoned our fish with fish medication. (where was Quin while he was supposed to be watching the kids?) Then Friday late morning, coming down I spy my poor fish trying desperately to swim thru the sludge that Jensen had created. He had dumped all the fish food in the tank. Yet again he tried to kill my fish. He was honest when I asked in my best calm voice "who did this?" We are still watching the fish to see if they will survive this crazy weekend. I'm not sure if my boys will.
I just wish that I had thought to get pictures before I went into cleanup mode. I do now have locks on all cabinets, a lock on my fridge and spinney child proof handles on all doors. Did I forget to mention that Teagan can now open doors. Nothing is safe now.

Here he is with slightly purple hands after much washing. Notice his bald spot? I forgot to mention he also cut his own hair Friday afternoon.
6 comments:
Equally fun weekend here--escapee from nursery--4 year old explosion in his pants--Dad eating all the cereal on Saturday and not telling Mom to get more--cookies for breakfast and many other adventures! Oh the fun of boys--at all ages!!!!!
I don't typically read or comment on blogs of people I don't know. I came across yours and can't resist. The purple crayon fiasco is hilarious (maybe not so much for you)...thanks for the laugh and the reminder that it is perfectly normal to want to sell my children every once in a while - HA!
oh my I just love the things boys come up with!
Please bring Jensen to my house for the month of December. Uncle Brandon will will get him in tip top shape with his threats "want a bumb spank?" And he will learn to tie his shoes :) Just kidding, I will probably want to sell him back to you after a week.
P.S. If you put a password on your comments, you won't get the freaks leaving messages.
ahh, boys, do I want to have more than one. Can I request girls? Good luck with that! (I don't want your kids, they look great but I don't want the psychological problems associated)
Post a Comment